Wedful is a web service for hosting wedding websites based around the Drupal content management system. As it is a small startup my daily tasks can include anything from programming to server maintenance to marketing.
5284 Cunningham Road
Vernon, B.C. V5A 4Y1
Wedful Wedding Websites,
- Make stuff "just work"
- Design and plan all system architecture
- Too many other co-founder like duties to list ;)
Director of Development
Worked to continually improve the development efforts, oversee, guide, and initiate the daily activities of the technology development team. I acted as the primary liaison between the technology, marketing, product, and business development teams to prioritize and schedule our products and services on budget and on time.
- Manage and motivate a team of top developers
- Coordinate development resources across the companies various teams and projects
- Product management for infrastructure and other technical projects
- Remote management with the majority of the team being based in Europe
Hatch Web Studio,
My own business doing primarily contract web development for clients that are mostly located in the Vancouver area. I use a wide range of web technologies including, Python, PHP, Ruby on Rails, Django, Drupal, SOAP, and Linux, on a regular basis.
- Drupal website development for the TV show Chiefs and Champions (http://chiefsandchampions.com/)
- Drupal/Iventa ecommerce integration for the Grateful Dead website (http://dead.net/)
- Django based web application that allows provincial schools that provide home schooling for students to keep track of communications and other relevant documents with the students.
- Project and client management
- Administration and marketing
Google Summer of Code, Drupal Project,
My Google Summer of Code project consists of developing a set of tools for the Drupal project to help find bottlenecks, load test, and load balance Drupal sites. I am currently working on producing a module to load test a site and automatically change test parameters as it runs (such as the enabled modules). The second phase of my project will consist of building tools and documentation to allow administrators to easily run Drupal horizontally across multiple servers for high availability and load balancing.
- Drupal Scalability, Load Balancing, and High Availability (http://code.google.com/soc/2007/drupal/appinfo.html?csaid=D2605CAEFFA7651F)
Special Projects Manager
Simon Fraser University, Computing Science,
Senior Web Developer
Technical Support Specialist
I performed a large variety of jobs with SFU Computing Science including things such as help desk support, web development, Linux support, and project management. My major accomplishments include the development of two medium sized web applications and coordinating the design and setup of four new labs totaling roughly 200 workstations and 8 servers.
- Defining and implementing a formal network, systems and web application security policy.
- Investigating and reviewing new tools and applications to help improve our groups efficiency, such as content management systems and web development frameworks.
- Web and database application development (Python, Perl, MySQL, SQL Server, Apache).
- Coordinated the renovations, design, and setup of five new lab spaces consisting of a total of almost 200 workstations and 8 servers.
- Maintenance and administration of over 80 Linux and Solaris workstations and servers.
- Maintenance of our group's internal subversion repository, documentation system and wiki farm.
- Develop python based web applications including a progress report system for the school's graduate students and a web based news publishing application.
- Design and maintenance for the school's internal and external web sites.
- Windows and Linux technical support for staff, faculty, and students.
- GLSR (Gentoo Linux Script Repository): A lead developer on a web based script repository written in python. Among it's primary features include script posting, revisions, rating, and user comments.
- GLIS (Gentoo Linux Installation Script): A lead developer on a Gentoo installation script, written in bash. Has since been replaced with the now official Gentoo installer.
- Package Maintenance: lynx, bacula.
Canada Revenue Agency (VTSO),
- Helped plan and organize the Long Service Awards ceremony.
- Performed various technical services (i.e. basic hardware maintenance and technical support).
Support for SFU COSTAR (Center for Open Source Technology and Research)
Developed a PHP/MySQL based application that allows schools to manage student grades and notes online with an easy to use interface.
Ported the blosxom blogging tool from Perl to Python.
Linux (Expert), Mac OS X (Expert), all Microsoft OS's, Solaris.
Python (Expert), PHP (Expert), C/C++, Perl, Ruby, ASP, Bash (Expert), Visual Basic
Eight years experience developing with SQL using MySQL (Expert), Microsoft SQL Server, DB2
Familiarity with iptables, common infrastructure and web based attacks, and cryptology
Django, Drupal, WordPress, and Ruby on Rails
Eight years experience using OOP/OOD in a production environment
Bachelor of Science in Computing Science
- Computing Science: Algorithms, Artificial Intelligence, Circuitry, Databases, Networking, Operating Systems, and Programming.
- Mathematics: Calculus, Discrete and Combinatorics, Linear Algebra, Numerical Analysis, and Statistics.
- Linguistics: Phonetics, Semantics, and Syntax.
2004 Canadian Seniors Curling
- Wrote and hosted Perl scripts for the official web site.
Sporting Event Volunteer
- Suburban Rush adventure race (2005, 2006)
- FILA Burnaby Heights on the Run (September 2005)